Fantasy Rugby7stars - FAQs
Frequently asked questions about the game
By registering to participate in Rugby7Stars (the Game) you (the Participant) agree to be bound by and to comply with these terms and conditions (as amended from time to time by World Rugby in its sole discretion) (the Terms and Conditions) and also the Game Rules (as defined in term 1 below). This competition is managed by Monterosa Productions Limited (hereafter “Monterosa”) on behalf of World Rugby.
THE GAME RULES
1) The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on https://www.rwcsevens.com (the Website) or www.rugby7stars.com. World Rugby reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion where it considers it necessary or desirable to do so. The Participant agrees that no liability shall be attached to or accepted by World Rugby as a result of any such change and each participant is advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Game is open from 12 July 2018 (the Start Date) with points being awarded in the Women’s Rugby7Stars Fantasy Game from the first match of the 2018 RWC Sevens women’s competition (the RWC Sevens women’s competition) in San Francisco, (20 July) and ends after the final match of the 2018 RWC Sevens women’s competition in San Francisco, 21 July 2018). In the Men’s Rugby7Stars Fantasy Game, points will be awarded from the first match of the 2018 RWC Sevens men’s competition (the Series) in San Francisco (20 July) until the end of the final match of the 2018 RWC Sevens men’s competition in San Francisco, (22 July 2018) (the End Date).
Participants are able to enter the Rugby7Stars Fantasy Game for the RWC Sevens men’s competition and/or the RWC Sevens women’s competition. The points awarded are calculated for each Rugby7Stars Fantasy Game and combined to provide a cumulative total of both Games.
3) World Rugby will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. World Rugby will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules, including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table, shall be final.
APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO THE GAME
4) Applications to participate in the Game will only be accepted if they are made online on the Website and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions set out at Tudor, AIG, ULhttps://www.rwcsevens/Rugby7Stars or https://www.rugby7stars.com. Where an application is accepted, that person will become known as a Participant for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
5) Subject to the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, persons of all ages and residents of all countries are eligible to apply to participate in the Game. Note additional terms set out at terms 18, 19 and 27 to 29 apply to Participants under 18 years of age.
6) Employees, officers, directors or consultants of or advisers to, or any other person with a formal relationship with (and/or immediate family members of any of the foregoing): World Rugby, Monterosa any RWC Sevens partners and sponsors, the Unions of the teams taking part in the Series (the Participating Unions) and Players are entitled to apply to participate in the Game, but are specifically subject to term 20. For the avoidance of doubt, this term 6 and term 20 shall not apply to any person who has a formal relationship with any of the Participating Unions solely by virtue of their membership thereof.
8) No agents or third parties can apply to participate in the Game on a Participant's behalf. No responsibility will be accepted by World Rugby for lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible or incomplete applications or applications not received by World Rugby or that cannot be delivered, received or entered for any technical or other reason. Any such applications will be deemed void. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
9) Only one application for entry in respect of the Game per registered user of the Game is permitted. Multiple entries will be deleted.
10) There is no closing date for entries for the Game and Participants can join at any time up until the End Date. However, World Rugby may publish deadlines on the Website from time to time by which a Participant must be registered as a Participant of the Game in order to qualify for the points awarded in respect of any fixture in the 2018 RWC Sevens men’s competition or 2018 RWC Sevens women’s competition which deadlines and any other published information shall constitute an amendment to these terms and conditions upon publication.
11) World Rugby reserves the right to suspend and delete a Participant's team that contains name(s) or symbols or any representation which are deemed by World Rugby to be inappropriate and/or offensive, in which event the Participant's Game account may be deleted in its entirety without notice.
12) All Participants entering the Game will automatically be entered to compete in the following leagues:
(i) The Rugby7Stars Fantasy Game public league for the Men’s Rugby7Stars Series Overall League; and
(ii) The Rugby7Stars Fantasy Game public league for the Women’s Rugby7Stars Series Overall League; and
(iii) Any Private League set up by a Participant or a Private League where a Participant has been invited to join
13) There are no prizes for the leagues set out at 12 (iii) above. These leagues are for fun and entertainment only. The leagues for which prizes are awarded are: the Rugby7Stars Series Overall Men’s League and the Rugby7Stars Series Overall Women’s League.
14) World Rugby's decision in relation to the placement of Participants in each league is final.
15) As defined by the RWC Sevens men’s competition and RWC Sevens women’s competition, the game has been divided into Competitions (the Competition). The deadline for submitting your Fantasy Rugby7Stars team in advance of each Competition is defined by the countdown clock on the RWC Sevens website. When the clock reaches 00:00:00 this signifies the kick off time of the first day of each tournament. If a team is submitted or a player changed after the kick off of each tournament then the submission will be classified as a live substitution.
The Rugby7Stars Game has up to 7 live substitutions allowed each Competition and therefore deadlines around Team entry. Players start earning points immediately.
Only Players within a Participant’s ‘Men’s Team’ or ‘Women’s Team’ (being the seven men and/or women players making up the team on the playing field at a given time) can score points in the Game. Players will start earning points as soon as the Game Platform receives the information that a completed team has been submitted or a substitution has been made. There may be a time delay between the actual time of the substitution and the time that the Game Platform registers the substitution. The time a substitution is made by a Participant is determined by the time registered against that substitution within the Game platform. World Rugby’s decision in relation to the timing of a Substitution into a Participant’s Team is final.
RWC Sevens men’s competition 2018
20 July 13:01 PDT / 21:01 GMT+1
20 July 17:49 PDT / 01:49 GMT+1
RWC Sevens women’s competition 2018
20 July 10:00 PDT / 18:00 GMT+1
21 July 19:47 PDT / 03:47 GMT+1
PRIZES AND WINNER'S DETAILS
16) The prizes awarded in respect of the Game as set out below (the Prizes) will be at the discretion of World Rugby and the Delivery Partner, Monterosa Productions Ltd. World Rugby and the Partners and Sponsors of the RWC Sevens 2018 men’s and women’s competitions. World Rugby reserves the right to alter or withdraw any element of the Prizes or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value where unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so. No cash alternative will be offered.
Two prizes will be awarded in the promotion with One Overall Winner Prize at the end of the RWC Sevens 2018 men’s competition and one Overall Winner Prize at the end of the RWC Sevens 2018 women’s competition
The first-placed Rugby7Stars Overall Winner Prize for the RWC Sevens men’s competition:
Winners will receive RWC Sevens men’s competition captain-signed signed ball from RWC Sevens 2018.
The first-placed Rugby7Stars Overall Winner Prize for the RWC Sevens women’s competition:
Winners will receive RWC Sevens women’s competition captain-signed signed ball from RWC Sevens 2018.
17) The Rugby7Stars Round Winners’ Prizes will be awarded to the top Participants who, according to World Rugby's determination, are at the top of the Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 League for the RWC Sevens 2018 men’s competition and at the top of Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 League for the RWC Sevens 2018 women’s competition published by World Rugby at the End Date of each Competition as defined by World Rugby. Each Rugby7Stars Game Top Overall RWC Sevens 2018 Winner's Prize shall consist of captains-signed rugby balls or such other non-monetary prize up to the value of £50 and may be altered from time to time at World Rugby’s sole discretion. In the event that any winner of the Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 League Prize is under 18 years of age as at the end of the relevant Round, the following conditions apply: (i) the Rugby7Stars Round Winner will require written parental consent to accept the prize.
18) In the event that the winners of the Rugby7Stars Overall Winner Prize is under 18 years of age as at the End Date, the following conditions apply: (i) the Rugby7Stars Overall Winner will require written parental consent to accept the prize. In the event that the Conditions are not met, the person over 18 years of age as at the End Date who finishes highest in the Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens men’s competition Rugby7Stars or Overall RWC Sevens women’s competition shall receive the Rugby7Stars Overall Winners Prize.
19) Employees, officers, directors or consultants of or advisers to, or any other person with a formal relationship with (and/or immediate family members of any of the foregoing) World Rugby, Monterosa, any Partners or Sponsors, the Participating Unions and Players may play the Game but are ineligible to win any Prizes. If such person would otherwise win a Prize, it shall be awarded to the next placed Participant in the League.
20) A Participant may only win a Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 League Winner's Prize once. In the event that any Participant finishes in the top place of the Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 men’s competition League and has already won Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 women’s competition League, the person who, according to World Rugby's determination, is the next highest placed eligible Participant in the or Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 men’s competition League, published by World Rugby at the End Date shall receive the relevant Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 men’s competition Winner's Prize in accordance with term 18.
21) There may be additional spot prizes allocated between the Start Date and the End Date and these will be at the sole discretion of World Rugby and will be advised by World Rugby from time to time.
22) The Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances. No warranty or guarantee is given by World Rugby in relation to the prize.
23) The various Rugby7Stars Round Winners' names will be published on the Website during the week immediately following the conclusion RWC Sevens 2018 men’s and women’s competition and the Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 women’s competition League and Rugby7Stars Overall RWC Sevens 2018 men’s competition League Winner’s Prize will be announced following the End Date.
24) Winners will also be notified by email (using the email address provided on registration) in respect of the Prizes at which time they must confirm their contact details, prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
25) Participants' names and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of World Rugby and associated Partners and Sponsors and the Game in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid. By participating in the Game, the Participant agrees that his/her name may be published and/or notified to the public by World Rugby and/or the Partners and Sponsors; and (if requested) he/she will engage in reasonable publicity detailing that they won a prize (potentially including publicity interviews, pictures, website publication and use in social media).
APPLICANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
26) If a Participant is under 18 years of age he/she should carefully read these terms and conditions and ensure that his/her parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting any application.
27) A Participant under 18 years of age will be eligible to win the Prizes subject to terms 18 and/or 19 as appropriate.
28) If World Rugby wishes to use any personal data or photographs of a Prize winner who is under 18 years of age, it will be subject to the written consent of the Participant's parent or guardian.
RESPONSIBILITY AND REMEDIES
29) Neither World Rugby, Monterosa, Partners or Sponsor nor any of their affiliates will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising out of organising or hosting this Game or as a result of the Participant’s participation or attempted participation in the Game or as a result of the winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any Prize. If the Game or any part of it is not capable or running or being completed as planned for any reason, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of World Rugby, World Rugby reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game. World Rugby can change these terms and conditions or cancel the prize draw at its discretion and without incurring liability as a result.
30) The extent of World Rugby’s responsibility to a Participant is determined in the context of the following:
(a) the Game is provided to Participants free of charge;
(b) Participants are responsible for their own actions and the information provided by them; and
(c) each Participant is responsible for ensuring that the Participant’s computer equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
31) While World Rugby will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to Participants at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot guarantee that this will be the case. However, World Rugby will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to participants.
32) Any breach by a Participant of the Game Rules and/or these Terms and Conditions will entitle World Rugby to suspend and delete a Participant's Game account without notice and to prohibit such Participant from applying to rejoin the Game. If a Participant is barred or disqualified from entry by World Rugby, that Participant shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name or for any other reason.
34) If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
35) The Game may not be used to facilitate any gaming, wagering or the placing of bets.
36) The Game may not be participated in by any Participant in a jurisdiction in which participation in the Game breaches any applicable laws. By participating in the Game, the Participant warrants that he or she is permitted by law in the relevant jurisdiction to do so.
37) These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales