WORLD RUGBY RANKINGS
During the July international window, the men’s and women’s World Rugby Rankings will update at 23:00 Dublin time (GMT+1) on each match-day, rather than the traditional Monday each week.
World Rugby has published the ranking permutations for this week’s men’s test matches, including July internationals and Rugby World Cup 2023 qualifiers in Africa, Europe, Oceania and South America.
Permutation highlights include:
- France will climb to third with victory over Australia in Brisbane
- Australia and France will swap places if the Wallabies are victorious on home soil
- Madagascar could climb as many as 12 places if they end Namibia’s hopes of qualifying for Rugby World Cup 2023 with victory
- South Africa, New Zealand, England, Ireland, Namibia, Uganda and Tunisia cannot improve their rating by beating lower ranked opponents
- Argentina will be ranked higher than Wales if they win their encounter in Cardiff
- Samoa will climb above Tonga if they win the first leg of their RWC 2023 qualifier
The full preview can be read via the Match Notes page in the Media Zone.
It will be updated as teams are announced over the coming days with permutations added for Rugby Africa Cup matches on Sunday once the games on Wednesday have been completed.
A women's preview will be added later in the week.
World Rugby will be managing the communications for any disciplinary matters that arise from the July tests.
The Citing Commissioner appointments for this week’s men’s internationals can be found here.